Graduate and I want to join the army what do I do
Muhaise Jonathan made this Access to Information request to Ministry of Defence / Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF)
Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Ministry of Defence / Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF) should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.
From: Muhaise Jonathan
Dear Ministry of Defence / Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF),
I am by names Muhaise Jonathan and I was requesting to know the procedure to join your organisation.
From: Akiiki Deo Akiiki
Ministry of Defence / Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF)
Dear Muhaise, usually the requirements below are a precursor to join UPDF.
changes may happen depending on the institutional targets at the time of
recruitment but usually minor.
A. RECRUITMENT CRITERIA FOR GENERAL NATIONAL RECRUITMENT
B. Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Citizenship. MUST be citizen of Uganda and must possess an
original National Identity Card. 2. Medical. MUST be healthy and medically
fit ready to undergo medical and physical body check and a road run to
test endurance and body fitness.
2. An original copy of medical examination; duly signed by a
recognized Medical Officer from Health Centre III are a must.
3. 3. Age. Must be adult males and females between the age of
4. Marital status MUST be single with no children.
5. Professionals must be adult males and females of up to 30 years
6. Education standard. Must possess a minimum formal education of
S.4 (UCE) or its equivalent, and S.6 (UACE) or its equivalent a bias in
science subjects is an added advantage.
7. Original certificates with a student’s ID are a must.
8. Letters of recommendations from LCI, LC111, GISOs duly signed are
a MUST, to confirm their conduct and Moral standard.
9. Any presentation of forged documents is criminal and culprits
will be liable to prosecution.
10. Medical, mental and physical fitness will be checked at the
recruitment as well as the training centers.
11. Aptitude test will be administered to all candidates.
Lt Col Deo Akiiki
Deputy Defence Spokesperson
+256 751663154 (UG
e.mail: [Ministry of Defence / Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF) request email]