Requirements for joining as a professional
Taremwa Duncan made this Access to Information request to Ministry of Defence / Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF)
The request was successful.
From: Taremwa Duncan
Dear Ministry of Defence / Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF),
I kindly would like to know about the requirements and the process of joining updf as a professional
From: Akiiki Deo Akiiki
Ministry of Defence / Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF)
A. RECRUITMENT CRITERIA FOR GENERAL NATIONAL RECRUITMENT
Eligible candidates to meet the following requirements:
1. Citizenship. MUST be citizen of Uganda and must possession an
original National Identity Card.
2. Medical. MUST be healthy and medically fit ready to undergo medical
and physical body check and a road run to test endurance and body fitness.
An original copy of medical examination; duly signed by a recognized
Medical Officer from Health Centre III are a must.
3. Age. Must be adult males and females between the age of (18-25) years,
marital status MUST be single with no children. Professionals must be
adult males and females of up to 30 years of age.
4. Education standard. Must possess a minimum formal education of S.4
(UCE) or its equivalent, and S.6 (UACE) or its equivalent with bias in
science subjects. Original certificates of 2015 and 2016 with a student’s
ID are a must. All professionals will be recruited at Kololo Air Strip as
5. Letters of recommendations from LCI, LC111, GISOs duly signed are a
MUST, to confirm their conduct.
6. Moral standard. Any presentation of forged documents is criminal and
culprits will be liable to prosecution.
7. Medical, mental and physical fitness will be checked at the recruitment
as well as the training centres.
8. Aptitude test will be administered to all candidates.