Special Certificate of Title

Samuel made this Access to Information request to Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development

The request was partially successful.

From: Samuel

Dear Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development,

l hope this finds you well. I have been trying to process a Special Certificate of Title for a plot at Sala, Busiro County. I bought the plot from one Asiimwe. We completed the transaction successfully and he duly gave me the original Certificate of Title. However, I lost possession of the original Certificate of Title, before it was transferred to my own names. I reported the loss of title to police. I also went back to Asiimwe and we made an application for Special Certificate of Title. All requisite documents have been submitted to Wakiso Lands Office.

However, one officer at Wakiso Land Office has told me that the physical presence of Asiimwe is required in order to process the Special Certificate of Title. This requirement has proved to be a major impediment- Asiimwe is currently ill and confined to a bed (bedridden). Therefore, Asiimwe is unable to attend any meeting at the Wakiso Lands Office. Owing to Asiimwe's condition, I wish to request an alternative to having him appear physically at the Wakiso Lands Office. Can I arrange for the Lands Officer to visit Asiimwe instead?. Please advise.

Yours faithfully,

Link to this

From: Dennisfo

As part of due diligence, it is important that you comply with what the officers have requested for.
Dennis Obbo

Sent from my iPad

show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development only: