Valuation of property

Nakakande Josephine made this Access to Information request to Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

From: Nakakande Josephine

Dear Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development,
I have a court case which came up for final disposal at the Chief Magistrates court at Nakawa. On the 8th day of May 2018, the Chief Magistrate wrote to the Chief government valuer at Ministry of Lands to conduct a valuation of the property indicated and for a report from the same to aid court in its decision making.
On presentation of the same to the Valuation department, the Chief Valuer assigned the file to a valuation officer who advised me on the process to follow and requested for need to have police protection while executing his duties. I have followed through this process and the Near by Police station are ready to support him to conduct the exercise( today was the set day).
However on communicating with the officer on this feedback, he asked me for facilitation fees of 500,000/= which funds i informed him i am not in position to raise given my line of work which doesn't earn me a lot of money. Court postponed my hearing to 8th July 2018 since the valuation report was not ready.
At this stage am desperate to see conclusion of my case however i have met a stumbling block which i don't know how to go over.
Any advice on how i can go over this problem?
Any contacts of someone i can reach out to on phone to help me with the issue?
Note: I work in Moroto district and its quite expensive to make frequent travels to kampala.
Your response will be highly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Nakakande Josephine

Link to this

From: Dennisfo

Dear Josephine,
I acknowledge receipt of your complaint. Let me contact the office of the CGV and get back to you.
Dennis Obbo

Sent from my iPad

show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development only: