Work permit

Laurence London made this Access to Information request to Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)

Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) does not have the information requested.

From: Laurence London

Dear Uganda Revenue Authority (URA),
My wife and I are Directors of a company in Uganda for 10+ years I am registered with URA, employ 1 full time employee and seasonal workers. Do I need a work permit, is there an exemption? Need your council.

Yours faithfully,
Laurence London
Director BOSFMS LTD.

Link to this

From: Kunya Edith Caroline
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)

Good Morning Laurence,
I wish to thank you for your inquiry however I need to point out the following details:
1. Work Permits are handled by Ministry of Internal Affairs in Uganda; the spokesperson of the Ministry Mr. Jacob Siminyu through this forum can help you on this, I have copied him in this mail.

2. When you talk about exemptions, we need to know the nature of business/ business line you are involved in so that we can be able to help you and advise you accordingly.

Thank You

CAROLINE KUNYA | Tax Education Officer
Commissioner General's Office | Uganda Revenue Authority
Office: +256417443170 | Cell: +256717440480
http: / /ura.go.ughttps: / / URAuganda,
http:/ / / URApage
Developing  Uganda Together

show quoted sections

Link to this

From: Laurence London

Dear Kunya Edith Caroline,

I am requesting a work permit. As a business owner of a LTD in Uganda (US citizen & currently residing in the US) do I need a work permit to open a joint bank account with fellow Director (wife Uganda and dual citizen).
Yours sincerely,

Laurence London

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) only: