Name changing request

This request has been reported as needing administrator attention (perhaps because it is vexatious, or a request for personal information)

Dear Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB),
Am Mutebi Rogers on my academic documents but my birth certificate has Mutebi Rogers Kigongo so I registered three names with NIRA for my national Id.
So I would like to know which procedure can I use to have first two names legally to match my academic documents and also the costs involved.

Yours faithfully,
Mutebi Rogers

Provia Nangobi, Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB)

Dear Rogers,

Your request is really jumbled up and am confused about where to start.
If you are changing any of your names, you register an affidavit with URSB and proceed to publish the new name in the Uganda Gazette.
Thereafter you follow up with NIRA on issuance of a new birth certificate. You might also have to follow up with UNEB in case you add or drop any of the names you had earlier registered with. It is 30,000/=


Provia Nangobi
Head PR and Corporate Affairs
Uganda Registration Services Bureau
P.O.Box 6848
Facebook: URSBHQ
Twitter: @URSBHQ
Toll Free: 0800 100 006

show quoted sections