What's the procedure of changing vehicle ownership?

Tom Onute made this Access to Information request to Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)

The request was successful.

From: Tom Onute

Dear Uganda Revenue Authority (URA),

What procedure do I follow to change ownership of vehicle?

Yours faithfully,

Tom Omute

Link to this

From: Uganda Revenue Authority
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)


Thank you for your email

We wanted to let you
know we’ve received your
email and will respond
within two working days.

You can find the answers
to many Frequently Asked
Questions on our service
catalogue [1]here.

In case you wish to log
a customs related
complaint, please use
the Customs Help Tool

Looking to apply for a
Tax Identification
Number (TIN)? Download
and follow the
guide [3]here

Do you already have a
TIN? Don’t forget your
TIN will enable you;

o Import or export
goods within and
outside Uganda.
o Claim tax benefits
that accrue to you
e.g. tax refunds
o Access bank loans
for amounts above 50
Million shillings.
o Acquire a license
from any Government
o Register your Motor
Vehicle First-time
Vehicle Registration

o Process land
transactions above
50 Million Shillings

If your inquiry is
urgent, you may prefer
to give us a call on our
toll free line
0800117000 or +256 417
443 150, +256 417 442
For whistle blowing,
kindly reach us on +256
417 222 222 /+256 417
442 081/2



Visible links
1. http://web.ura.go.ug/Pages/OUR-SERVICE-G...
2. https://help.ura.go.ug/login
3. http://web.ura.go.ug/Pages/OUR-SERVICE-G...

Link to this

From: Uganda Revenue Authority
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)

Attachment 9012 Change of Ownership.pdf
387K Download View as HTML

Dear Tom,

Thank you for contacting Uganda Revenue Authority.

Kindly follow the steps in the attached guide on how to change motor vehicle ownership.

Thank you


show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) only: